Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, August 21, 2009

If you've got a sensitive stomach, do not read this post:

In 1974 I had a bunk bed in my room. One day a few friends and cousins were over and we'd jump off my top bunk and my bigger cousin would catch us. Well, when Teddy jumped off the couch, he made sort of an "Aaaaaaa" sound, with his tongue sticking out. My cousin missed him and Teddy fell on the floor. Problem was, his tongue was still sticking out when his jaw clamped shut, he bit his tongue right off. I'll never forget the screaming, I've never heard anyone scream the way Teddy did that day. The adults wouldn't let the kids back in the room, and they had to rush Teddy to the emergency room to get his tongue sewed back on.