Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Play Doh Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop:

My friend Laurie had this one. I was never any good with the perm mold, btw. I just ended up making hippie guys.

15 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

I'm not going to lie, I just ate the Play Doh.

joe said...

You ate it?? I always thought it smelled good, but never got the urge to eat it..

Some Guy said...

We had this. The problem was the Play-Doh would dry up and clog the little follicle holes if you didn't clean them out immediately after use (which we never did).

blueroc85 said...

THis was called the Mop top Hair shop when I had it in the 80's. I just LOVED to play playdoh! I REALLY wanted the fun factory, but never got one until recently. Some Guy is right about the dried playdoh clogging the holes and I, too, never took the time to clean them while the playdoh was stil moist.

joe said...

SG: we used to pop out the dried playdoh with toothpicks.

Blueroc: Never had a fun factory.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I would always panic when they mixed colors in those commercials.

joe said...

I had forgotten how obsessive-compulsive i was about not getting the colors mixed..

Hairball said...

I too was uneasy when they combined the colors.

blueroc85 said...

I , too, did not like mixing the colors and would go to great lengths avoid mixing my own playdoh colors.

I teach school and don't let the students mix colors either.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

Its always good to pass on our anal ways.

joe said...

Hairball: Sometimes I hated even using a brand-new set, since i knew the colors would mix..

Blueroc: Haha old habits don't die easily do they.. ;^)

Goggles: It's not easy sometimes ...

Anonymous said...

LOL,just today my 4yr old was playing with the barber shop,an yes i cringe when ever he mix,s the doh.

joe said...

It's like some sort of primal instinct with me to not allow the colors to mix..

Christine said...

We had something similar to the fuzzy pumper as kids but they were plastic ice cream cones with faces and holes on top for the hair. However these were hand held, and the base screwed in to push out the play doh. Except we used them with peanut butter and licked it like an ice cream! Does anyone remember anything like this? I am starting to think it wasn't a hasbro product but a knock off. They were so fun.

joe said...

Hmmm,, no never heard of it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails