Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Back pocket combs:

I'm not sure if this fad was the late 70's or early 80's, but I do know, however, that I had a shirt JUST like that guy's, which was around '78 / '79.

13 comments:

Wings said...

All through middle school, I had a blue plastic comb in back pocket.

Had totally forgotten about that.

Wow...

joe said...

Remember the other kind they had, that had a square handle and decals that said things like "Back off", etc.??

Max Reddick said...

This was early 1980's. I had a different color to match my outfits. I was cool.

joe said...

You're still cool, Max!

FilmFather said...

Totally had a red bubble-handled comb in my back right pocket, circa 1982.

Much like Wings, I completely forgot about it until your post.

joe said...

Don't feel bad. I'd forgotten about them also, until the day I posted this. You can't remember everything..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I had a tie dye colored one. I just hated the way a oily film would build up on the teeth and how hard it was to scrape it off.

joe said...

Um, how often did you wash your hair, may I ask????

Darryll said...

Yeah... When WE were kids all you had to have to "fit in" and "be cool" was a $1.29 comb for your back pocket. Nowadays, it's a $300 iphone or iPod. Our folks never knew how good they had it!

BTW, Joe - as I recall, there was a time we all went through when it was "cool" not to wash your hair. Thankfully that usually gave way to the "wash/blow-dry/style/obsess over" phase of hair care. Cleaner, but still crazy!

joe said...

I spent so much time on my hair when i was younger, now I shave my head. I never wake up with bed head, and the wind never messes up my 'do. Plus I don't need blow dryers. Yeah, I don't miss it.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. I had one of the rectangular "decal" combs. It said "End Zone", LOL!

joe said...

Hahahaa

sunnydaze said...

Oh yeah - I was a big fan of the back pocket comb - I'm guessing it was late 70s. Remember those little metal guys, like Kilroy, with the google eyes that they made just for a decoration to hang out of your back pocket? Had that too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails