Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Happy Days:

I used to watch Happy Days every week. I really liked it. I saw a re-run several years ago and I thought it really sucked.

12 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

Yeah, somewhere along the way it lost it's flare. That happened to me with Saved by the Bell. It is so cheesy watching it again. Great post.

Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

When the show was on I would actually record it on cassette tapes so I could listen to the show at night while trying to sleep. Since I knew all the characters I could train my imagination to create scenery in my mind. Weird eh?

Some Guy said...

I used to watch it all the time, too. There are a ton of shows like it that seemed okay at the time, but now just seem lame.

joe said...

Meg: You were a fan of Saved by the Bell? And you admit it???? ;^)

Cal: Weird, but something I would've tried back then too.

SG: I can't recall many of the old shows that hold up. Except the gong show. That's still great.

Miss Alex said...

Hahaha... I had such a crush on Fonzie

On Smash said...

I thought I was the only one

Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Mork & Mindy just not as funny as I remembered

grannyann said...

Did we really laugh at that?

joe said...

Miss Alex: The Fonz was super cool. Back then. Now he looks like such a nerd..

O.S.: You're agreeing with me??? Good, then you can stay ;^)

Ann: Yes. We did. Although I'm not sure why..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

This is true but All in the Family still rocks.

joe said...

Yes. And MTM, and The Gong Show.

Scandalous Housewife said...

Was it the episode where Fonzi jumped the shark?

joe said...

... with his leather jacket on.
And he wasn't wet.
Waterskiing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails