Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rhoda...

.... was a pretty good show. I watched it in '76 / '77. I was surprised it didn't last longer. It had a good cast and it was a funny show for its day. The episodes where Joe and Rhoda were getting divorced didn't aire too long after my own folks split up. Divorce was still pretty taboo back then. I knew a few people that were bummed out the show was cancelled .........

9 comments:

pete doree said...

"New York, this is your last chance!" Loved, loved, loved Rhoda!

joe said...

haha I forgot about that. I remember her also saying: "I was born in 1941 and my mother insisted, for the longest time, that I was the reason for world war 2".

Chris said...

"This is Carlton your dooorman..." Every time he said it, I was doubled up in laughter.

I thought it was a great show.

joe said...

Yeah that was always funny. I guess he was Garfield's voice later on.

Hairball said...

I loved the scarves Rhoda wore on her head.

joe said...

Yeah, she was cool.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I always wanted mary tyler moore, rhoda and that girl marlo thomas to hook up.

joe said...

Ha i don't see that ever happening. Sorry.

tipton6468 said...

I heard Valerie Harper say in an interview the reason Rhonda and Joe split up was because their marriage wasn't funny. She said after seeing Mad About You decades later she felt that was how the series should have developed. By the way Rhoda fans can watch the first season on Internet Movie Data Base. Just type Rhoda and hit episode list and you can see the entire first year when Rhoda met Joe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails