Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The 1972 Flintstones Colorforms set:

I had it. I got a set in Christmas of that year (I only know it was '72 because that's what the ebay listing said). Colorforms were great on a rainy day, because basically those were the only days I could use it. Unless it was raining, I had to be outside. I can still remember the taste of the pieces, because they eventually all ended up in my mouth...

14 comments:

Mnmom said...

I remember the SMELL! Nothing smells as good as new plastic dolls and colorforms

joe said...

It's that "new car smell" for kids.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

those things were tooo much fun for me!
<><

grannyann said...

I don't remember ever seeing those, or maybe I forgot.

Ms Plow said...

I loved Colorforms so much!!!

C said...

i remember the smell and still today if i come across that smell it takes me back. AND the flintstones were and still are me fave cartoonies. i always wanted to live in a cave like them and pretend... i LERVE the smell of tires in the walmart store, the smell of a brand new blow up floatie-tube, the ink on a fresh page of printed paper... nail polish and white out... OH i could go ON N ON....

and no, i am not an addict! bwahahahaha only for the new tire smell at walmart...


c

Momster said...

I had a Peanuts-themed one of a grocery store. Fruits, vegetables, carts, etc. I also had a Ragged Ann and Andy one of a house and furniture you could place. Great times!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I LOVED colorforms!!!

I think I had this one too.

joe said...

Noe: So did you eat them, like I did???

Ann: I'm sure Curtis had a set or two. If not, he really missed out.

Ms Plow: I don't know if they make colorforms anymore.

C: I don't know,,, I think you might be addicted. Well, if that's your "thing", that's fine with me. ;^)

Momster: Not sure if I ever had a Peanuts one, but I had a few sets. I just don't remember, my memory's not what it used to be....

Candy: It might've been a popular set. I watched Flintstones re-runs every afternoon after school in the early days.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I had one, don't remember which though ... good post!

joe said...

Thanks Jim!

blueroc85 said...

I loved colorforms. I had Michael Jackson ones in the 80's.

LaraAnn said...

I really enjoyed playing with my Colorforms. I wish that I could remember which ones that I had. I also remember the smell of them and kind of liked it.

sunnydaze said...

I had this too and OMG do I LOVE it. Wish I still had it now... Colorforms were the BEST!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails