Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977):

I don't know which came first: Space Invaders or Close Encounters, but they sort of came on the scene at the same time. I didn't see this flick until about 1980, but it was still a good movie back then. I haven't seen it since. The scene where the kid gets abducted really freaked me out. This pic below is Mr. Spielberg. I'm assuming it was taken around the time the movie came out. To me he looks so "Microsoft"....

8 comments:

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

Look at those trendy glasses.... lol

Ally said...

That is so true! Good observation!

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Blast from the Past said...

It was (and still is) a great movie! At the time it came out I was 17 and really wanted to believe in UFO's. This was so realistic and totally fueled my belief in them!

grannyann said...

I agree with you about Spielberg looking "so Microsoft"

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

joe said...

ABAO: Haha they almost look like they're trying to swallow his face..

Ally: Thanks!
About what????

Blast: I think they do exist.

Ann: I'm diggin' that polo shirt. I had one back then, I hated to get rid of it.
Even when I outgrew it.

Jan: Thanks I'll check it out ;^)

Tom said...

In recent photos I've seen of him, he looks like he's 85.

joe said...

Maybe movie producing's a stressful job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails