Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Misc. 70's remembrance:

It was 1978, and me mom and my cousin Dee Dee (who's 2 years older than me) were sitting at the kitchen table in front of the sliding glass door, talking. Mom smokes Marlboro lights, and she was smoking a cigarette. Before she was done with it, she put it in the ashtray holder and said: "I've got to go out to the car for something", and left it in the ashtray burning. When she was out at the car, Dee Dee snuck a drag, but apparantly mom had looked around and saw Dee Dee smoking the cigarette through the glass door. When mom got back inside this was the conversation:
Mom to Dee Dee: So, how was the cigarette???
Dee Dee (shocked): I didn't smoke it.
Mom: Dee Dee, I saw you.
Dee Dee: I didn't! I swear!
Mom: Dee Dee, don't lie to me. I saw you do it.
Dee Dee (in a heartbreaking, wrenching voice): You think I'm lying!!!
Mom (laughing): Dee Dee, I saw you!
Dee Dee (same breaking, heart-wrenching voice): You don't believe me!!!!!
Mom: Dee Dee, I saw you do it!!!!
(Dee Dee starts to cry)
Mom: Ugh, whatever....