Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rocket pops:

I used to get these when we'd go to the beach, but I could never eat them fast enough, and they'd start to melt by the time I got half through the white. Usually I'd end up just burying the rest in the sand, and then go wash my hands in the water to get all the juice off them.. Mom would always get peeved when she saw I didn't finish it and tell me she'd never buy them for me again, but she always did. She just loved to bitch, for some reason.. she's just that way......

14 comments:

LaraAnn said...

I don't think that I ever had this. My brother and I liked Creamsicles.

Redbonegirl97 said...

Man I always got this when the ice cream truck came around. I still buy them for my kids to this day and they love them.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Some Guy said...

I had the same problem. Those things were enormous!

Tom said...

I had this one about once or twice. My favorite ice creams to get off the truck were Screwballs or Mickey Mouse bars. They also had Pac-Man bars which were tasty.

Marco said...

I ate these too. Started with the ridges all around. By that time the red part was melting and tastier.

I agree with everyone here. They are huge and I still have difficulties eating a whole one.

joe said...

Guys, I think these were also called "bomb pops", as I recall..

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

Too Funny, remember the "rare" green ones?

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

The sun, heat, and melting could present a challenge!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I remember those! Loved 'em! Still do!

Blast from the Past said...

Only ever had these a couple of times. For me, it was all about the fudge-sicles!

joe said...

Israel: I think you're thinking of M&M's..

Jim: they were just too big..

Noe: I haven't had one of these for over 30 years.

Darryll: Banana or root beer popsicles were my faves..

grannyann said...

trying to catch up, way behind in reading. transferring from one computer to another plus redoing some websites.

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

Yum yum yum.... I'm going to have to stop the ice cream man today....

joe said...

Yeah but I doubt you could finish one.. these things are huge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails