Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, May 07, 2010

Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine:

To be honest, I didn't have a clue just how much stuff I got when I was a kid, until I started doing this blog. I had a sno-cone machine, although I think this was a later edition than mine, but it was basically the same. Mine was circa '73. I didn't make many sno-cones with it, though. I remember just opening the flavor packs and drinking it straight. I was a non-conformist. A rebel. That's just how I rolled...

13 comments:

Wings said...

I remember this being a freakin' pain in the ass to use.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I believe that Flavor Aid is still around!
<><

joe said...

I remember not liking the sound and feel of the ice being crushed.

Main Line Sportsman said...

had one...damn thing never worked well at all....spit out a few puny chips and made a lot of noise....no "Sno" was in evidence...eventually broken by rough use and frustration.
Great Blog...born in mid-60's so all your stuff is right in my wheelhouse...

joe said...

... but you have to admit the flavor packs tasted great....

Blast from the Past said...

We didn't have one of these, but our cousins did and we did all make sno-cones. They weren't very good - it was all about the novelty of it - not the "great" sno-cones!

Great toy of the era, though. Kids actually doing /making something and maybe even learning while doing it!

LaraAnn said...

I never really liked snow cones. I do like Snoopy though.

Tom said...

I always wanted one of these when I was a kid. Mainly so I could look at the cartoon characters, not the snow cones, which I couldn't care less about.

Redbonegirl97 said...

I am pretty sure that these existed in the 80's because we had one in my house. The ice would always get jammed, lol.

Tiffany
Peace, Love and Chocolate
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.com

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

I just got one of these for my cousin in law for Christmas.... So many memories!

joe said...

BFTP: I never liked snow cones. Still don't.

Lara: Don't know anyone who doesn't like Snoopy...

Tom: Well, judging from the comments, I'm not sure there's anybody out there who likes snow cones.

Tiff: Maybe they were meant for smaller ice cubes. Who knows..

ABAO: Well this must've been a classic toy if they're still making them. Thinking back I'd have preferred an Easy bake Oven, but back then it was out of the question because that was considered a "girl's toy".

blueroc85 said...

I didn't have this but I remember the commercials for it. I had the snoopy electric toothbrush instead. I think the snow cone machine would have been much more fun.

joe said...

Haha probably....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails