Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

????????????

I've been trying to come up with a caption here, but I honestly have to admit that words fail me on this one..

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

HOLY CRAP! I totally remember this! My friends and I used to try and braid our hair like that. I think it was called a fish tail?

joe said...

Never saw this before. More like a braided rug

Dolly the Bird said...

Wow. Just Wow.
Can you imagine the cramp that model must have got in her neck after sitting for that style???? It must have taken hours!! Like a gi-normous tat, where the person has to take a break in between! Good lord!
....that said, it IS pretty sweet!

joe said...

It probably took all day

Melinda said...

this reminds me of when I actually was a model for a hair stylist for a show one time back in the 70s or early 80s...forget when....but anyway she wanted someone with long hair to WEAVE their hair and be in a hair show. I volunteered..I got paid for it..but anyway she wove my hair so it looked like I was wearing a hat on my head and then did this pattern down the back..but a lot smaller version as part of my hair was on top of my head forming the hat. I will have to find the picture...I have a copy somewhere around here. AND it did not take as long as you would think to do.

joe said...

The term weave does seem to fit

preoccupied with 19 19 1975 said...

LOL. Why am I suddenly flooded with memories of all the afghan blankets grandma used to knit?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails