Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading:

My grandmother (dad's mom, not the Chatham grandmother) signed me up for this program for 2 years, and I got a book every month in the mail. The above was one of my all-time faves. I read this thing for hours. Pictured are the cover, the inside cover, and a page (I would've posted more but the above 3 were all I could find). The only drawback with these books was that there was hardly any content in them, so they took, like, 5 minutes to read through. Still, I loved the illustrations.

6 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I've also always loved this book!!

joe said...

I was disappointed when at the end it turned out it wasn't a real haunted house. I don't know why

Caffeinated Joe said...

I think I've seen these when I took my kids to the library, but I never had them when I was a kid. Seem pretty damn cool, though!

Sunnydaze said...

I remember this...I'm thinking I had it. They kinda remind me of the Charlie Brown dictionaries. I think you did a post on them a while back. I freakin' loved those things!

joe said...

My other faves were "Gulliver Mickey" and "The Penguin That Hated The Cold".

joe said...

CJ: Yeah for back then. I read them over and over. I always liked to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails