Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Random:

I never really cared for cigars. Or bigots.

4 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Ditto on both counts.

Oh, and guess what I grew up with?

Yep.

joe said...

Well to be fair I guess we all had an "Archie" in our families.

Trigger said...

It's a classic show and was ahead of it's time. It's on Nick at Nite all the time. They have all the classics

preoccupied with 19 19 1975 said...

Yep, had a grampa who was cut from the same cloth, except he smoked a pipe instead of a cigar. Like Archie, he churned out cringe-worthy comments on race relations on a depressingly regular basis ...

But also, like Carroll O'Conner's most famous character, grampa was a grizzled WWII vet (Pacific theatre) who worked his butt off day in day out for his family.

As simpatico as I was with the politics of Rob Reiner's ("Meathead to Archie, "Mike" to everyone else) character, he did manage to artfully sponge off of his in-laws for an awfully long time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails