Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Candy cigarettes:

I preferred bubblegum cigs myself. I'm guessing they don't make these anymore, at least here in the States. They were pretty commonplace back in the day and nobody really thought anything of it, but now looking back it all seems so obscene and perverse. I have to admit there are some things back then that I don't miss at all.

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my hell! We LOVED these!!! Literally every single adult in my family smoked when we were kids, so we thought we were so cool when they would give us these. You could blow through them, and some kind of powdered sugar(?)would puff out of the end. God, that is so sick and twisted, isn't it?!

joe said...

Twisted but tasty

Caroline Bender said...

so gross, and yet so tar.
welcome back Joe

Marco said...

Loved these too. Just bought some chocolate cigs but with no brand name or anything. Also... thanks to chiTown girl there goes your blog cuss o meter perfect rating :)

joe said...

CB: Thanks ;^)

Marco: I'd forgotten all about the chocolate ones

Sunnydaze said...

I liked both but I think the candy ones were my favorite. The paper always would stick to the bubblegum ones but I would chew it anyway. Kids.

joe said...

Ha me too

Robin Eduardo said...

They still make them! I've seen these as a novelty item at roller derby bouts. The girls were rolling them up in their sleeves, I guess to look tough? Or goofy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails