Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, September 09, 2011

Gum wrapper chains:

A friend tried to teach me how to make these, but for some reason I never able to master it. I knew how to make the soda can tab chains, but there was no way I could've drank that much soda to make a decent length of chain..

6 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

My mother used to (hell, still does!) chew an obscene amount of gum (Wrigley's Double Mint!) so my best friend and I used to make chains a mile long! It was our favorite rainy day activity. Thanks for pulling that memory out of my mental Rolodex. ;-)

Caroline Bender said...

Mine was Big Red - cinnamony fresh.

C said...

i'm old... back in the day i chewed teaberry gum, blackjack, fruit stripes zebra gum.... hahahaha
and i always wanted to make a chain like this but never knew how either... i still want to learn..

Mnmom said...

We made pounds of them too. Useless craft really but hours of wasted time success!!

Robin Eduardo said...

I can sort of admire the workmanship that went into making the chains, but I can't figure out what you're supposed to do with them once they are finished?

joe said...

All: You wouldn't believe some of the lengths of chain I saw in the image results. Some of them must've been 500 feet long. I can't afford to spend that much for 500 feet of gum wrappers, it'd be, like, $5000

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails