Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Did you know...

... that in 1974, a Joni Mitchell concert ticket only cost $5.50???

2 comments:

preoccupied with 19 19 1975 said...

"They paved paradise, put up a parking lot."

Hey, it's no wonder ticket prices went up, somebody's gotta pick up the tab for the survey, dozers, graders, cement mixers, construction-site featherbedding, and time-honored customary bribes to local officials and inspectors.

Not to mention the post-1970's environmental impact study, traffic flow analysis, retaining pond for stormwater runoff, ...

On a more serious note, I was a fan of her whimsical, very non-cookie-cutter musical style, particularly her unique harmonies and lyrics. Too bad she seems to have given up touring.

joe said...

Finally. I didn't think anyone was gonna comment on this post... a Joni Mitchell concert ticket for $5???? That would be unheard of these days

Related Posts with Thumbnails