Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Do any of you remember...

... those sandals that had a button on the side of the sole that when you pressed it, wheels popped down and they became roller skates? I wanted a pair but they were girl sandals. I remember the commercial where the girl was late for class but "all of a sudden" remembers that she's wearing a pair of sandal skates so she pushes the button and skates across campus to her class. I'm guessing they don't make these any more, but who knows..

11 comments:

JSusskind said...

I remember an episode of CHiPs where these were used by jewelry store robbers to make a fast getaway. I had no idea they were real.

joe said...

I can't imagine they'd be easy to use

Karen said...

My goodness, they are *quite* fashionable, aren't they? Almost like Earth Shoes on wheels!

joe said...

haha sort of. Apparantly they came in handy if you wanted to rob jewelry stores

Janet said...

They make sneakers that do this:
http://www.heelys.com/SitePages/Footwear.aspx

joe said...

So you gonna get a pair???

Sunnydaze said...

I didn't know they had these back then. They sure are ugly.

joe said...

Well I still wanted a pair if they'd come in a men's style

Robin Eduardo said...

Yes, they still sort of make them. "Heelies", my kids had them.

When I first saw the picture I was reminded of my Dr. Scholl's Exersoles. Gotta get me a red pair and bring those suckers back in style!

Brenda said...

I totally just stumbled upon your blog while searching for these sandal skates. I was born in 68 so I'm definitely subscribing to your blog! AWESOME!

joe said...

I'm glad you found me. Welcome aboard ;^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails