Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Joe, put it on channel 25. I want to watch Candlepins For Cash."

At 12:00 on Saturday morning, mom would make me turn the channel so she could watch Candlepins For Cash. It was the most boring show ever conceived. Ever. She'd watch it all the way to the end. The "winner" would win at the most $50. To this day I'm convinced she only watched it to get rid of me for the rest of the day. I wouldn't put it past her..

6 comments:

Karen said...

I distinctly remember that being a 'tradition' in our house on Sunday mornings, too! We'd get home from mass and sit in front of the t.v. and watch Candlepins for Cash with Bob Gamere. Oh, and of course, after that was Community Auditions!!!

joe said...

Ah that was his name... i don't remember the community auditions though although it sounds vaguely familiar

Sunnydaze said...

I rememebr Bowling for Dollars.

joe said...

I saw that when I did the image search. Either way it wasn't my thing, but some people really liked it.

Robin Eduardo said...

YES! Sunnydaze, Bowling For Dollars (for me) was in the New York area on channel 9 WOR, filmed at the Madison Square Garden Bowling Center. (Now closed.)

joe said...

Looks like Bob and Phil Donahue are wearing the same sport jacket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails