Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Random Observance:

In the '50s they had Fred and Ethel / in the '70s we had Stanley and Helen. Both wives were hot for their husbands and got no action, and both husbands were insulting and condescending to their wives. I guess since the beginning of television there've been dysfunctional marriages (even hundreds of years before television with Punch and Judy puppets). I don't know why we we're so amused by them. I guess for those who have good marriages, it makes us glad that it's "them not us"; or maybe for those with dysfunctional marriages themselves it makes us glad that it's "them too and we're not alone". Whatever.

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I guess. Good to have the comparisons with the other couples on the shows, too, those in better relationships.

joe said...

And then not to mention Al and Peg Bundy. They were just plain scary

Robin Eduardo said...

The thing is, somewhere along the line the husbands would do something to redeem themselves, so I guess there's a lesson in there somewhere...

Personally I'd love to see my husband step out of line. I did go through a bad first marriage, but my next husband was (is) 10 yrs younger than me, and I scooped him up when he was only 21, so I had the opportunity to "train" him, LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails