Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 11, 2010

1973 advertisement:

I had a Beetle and it was a '73. I bought it in '85. I don't miss any of my old cars except for that one. I don't miss those old gas lines either, btw...

7 comments:

LaraAnn said...

My cousin Ellen had one. I remember Janet taking my brother, Mary and I to the drive-in a couple of times in it to see Roller Boogie and The Black Hole.

Tennis Girl said...

Two of my friends had beetles from the 60's. :)

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Didn't some of the Beetles come without a clutch but you still shifted?

joe said...

LA: They were really fun to drive.

TG: They were great.

Jim: There was a clutch. It was great having a stick-shift car as my first. I know some who can't use a stick and they have to stick with automatic cars.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I always wanted one of these....still do.
<><

grannyann said...

I always thought they made too much noise back then.

Craig M said...

If you like seeing old ads, my blog specializes in taking ads from the '50s, '60s, and '70s and tracing their influences from the era's pop culture and world events. (All done with a playful but informative commentary.)

Deconstruction on Madison Avenue
http://craigmcnamara.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails