Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

1977 technology:

The above was "cutting edge" for the standards of the time. Back in '77, there might've been one computer in an entire office building, and only around '77 did we start to see personal computers that didn't take up a whole floor. Of course, being only 9, I was too young back then to know first-hand, but that's what I was told. About the ad, between you and me, I have absolutely no idea what that tape recorder's supposed to be for.

7 comments:

Mr. POSSLQ said...

The tape recorder was your data storage. Disk drives were expensive add-ons, so many people used these until the prices started coming down.

joe said...

It all seems so third-world in retrospect.

C said...

ohmygod this seems so old! well, it is!!!

thanks 4 yo comment. lmao @ wallyworld! my dad and yours missed out on 2 wonderfully loving people honey, and it is definately THEIR loss.

bastard losers..

c

joe said...

Not only is he not a nice guy, but just look at the way the guy dressed me..

Ally said...

It's amazing how far we've come when you really think about it. I can't even remember what we did before the internet.

FourthGradeNothing.com

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

We've come a long way baby!
<><

joe said...

Ally: and 30 years from now we'll look back and say the same thing.

Noe: I love it when you call me "baby"...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails