Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The dark side of 1973:

I only remember the inconvenience of the lines. And how it took forever to wait for 10 lousy gallons of gas.
On a side-note, I wonder what they paid for that VW.

5 comments:

grannyann said...

You know I don't remember that. Wonder why not?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Do you remember the even and odd days?

joe said...

Ann: I don't know, the whole country had to deal with it..

Noe: No I don't. You stumped me there.

Wendel said...

The shortage was caused by government interference with the delivery process. All stations were to get the same amount of gas. City areas, with high population densities, had less gas per customer than rural areas.

(Not a political statement against the Gov or anything, just a fact)

The Odd/even days went by the last digit of your car license.

I remember News shows would show you where you could visit on a tank of gas, based on mileage.

I could not use the car for dates so we could only go out where we could walk to. Fortunately there was a movie theater near by.

joe said...

I wonder if we'll experience anything like that again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails