Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Time for Timer:

Looks like Timer's getting ready to make himself a "wagon wheel", not to be confused with the "I hanker for a hunk of cheese" commercial. To this day I have really no idea what Timer's supposed to be: was he a small guy??? a troll? an elf???? a gram of protein??....

8 comments:

LaraAnn said...

I'm not sure either but I did like both of these.

Wings said...

You know what he is? Best not looked at too closely!

;)

sunnydaze said...

Oh yeah...Saturday mornings as a kid in the 70's. :)

Teejay said...

He's actually from a cartoon movie.
I'm not sure what he's supposed to be, but in the movie, he appears and shrinks some kids down nice and small and they accidentally get swallowed by their grandpa and they have to find their way out.
I have to idea what the movie was called and I only have vague memories at this point. But I do remember Timer from the movie though.
Why they chose him for the commercials is beyond me, he wasn't a good guy in the movie.

Ms Plow said...

Wow, good reference! I had forgotten about Timer but it all came back just then.

Mnmom said...

I hanker fer a hunk-a
a slab or slice or chunk-a
I hanker fer a hunk-a CHEEEEEZZEEEE

joe said...

I remember the "inside the body" movie, i don't know if anyone else here does. I saw it once, and not all of it. They never played it again.

grannyann said...

I never saw that!! or did I?? I am not sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails