Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Freakies cereal:

I know a bunch of people that really got off on this cereal. Personally I couldn't get into it. To me, it all just seemed so unnatural.. I bet you could pick up those premiums easy on ebay, alot of people had them. I may check them out after this is posted.

7 comments:

Tom said...

I never heard of these. My grocer never had them or else I would have eaten them.

david_b said...

Yes, we loved them, my buddy and his family and I.. We ordered (and ordered..) the plastic figures to man our cardboard space ships, we being big Sci-Fi nuts back then. This was before the Mego Trek figures were released (and smaller Star Wars figs..!) so we had to have something to creat ships for, emulate Trek/1999 episodes, etc..

Worked out quite well, and we got WELL into cardboard ship building by the time Kenner had all the SW stuff. We ate the cereal anyways, and being in Junior High, you couldn't use any Fisher Price or any kiddie stuff to man the ships. Not sure if that explains it enough, but we had lots of fun.

kimber p said...

this was my brothers absolute favorite cereal and he had all those little characters, still has them, I'm pretty sure. I can't remember the little jingle that went with it though..time to hit youtube..lol

joe said...

I guess I'm in the minority on this one..

FilmFather said...

Dude. You just pried open a dusty file cabinet in the back of my brain...I used to love this cereal. More specifically, I loved those premiums. I don't remember if I had them all, but I remember the pink one with the big nose, and I wouldn't go anywhere without that orange, two-footed, crab-looking guy.

Classic sign of the '70s: The box promotes Freakies as "The crunchy, sugary, fortified breakfast cereal." Try making that a selling point to parents today. LOL

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I never heard of these either. Hmmm.
<><

Dr. Theda said...

I still have my "Grumble" figure He has been with me for years...
and thanks for joining us here at the "Crypt" Cool post

Related Posts with Thumbnails