Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Random:

I never had a tree fort when I was a kid. Basically it was because:
1. We didn't have any decent trees on the property.
2. I'm incredibly afraid of heights. Like, embarrassingly so.
3. I could never coordinate anything with the kids on my block.
You can't do everything, I guess..

9 comments:

Kristie said...

I remember a kid that lived down the street from me in the late 70s had a very cool treehouse. I was so jealous. That girl was mean, too. She would make some of us kids follow her and do everything she did and say everything she said and then maybe we could come up in her treehouse. Not even kidding. Stupid mean girl.

C said...

awww it's never too late... you could build one on the ground for nieces and nephews erm if you have any... lol

c

Blue Beak said...

I had a nest once. It was up a tree.

kimber p said...

first of all LOVE the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, they're my all-time favorite :)

I ahare your fear of heights too, never had a tree house, but we did make a couple of pretty cool club houses withold utility buildings..course, they were stifling hot because they had no windows, but we thought we were super cool..lol

grannyann said...

I would still love a tree house. I never had one either. Lack of the right tree has always been my problem.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I never had a treehouse either. Not sure why.
<><

teri said...

I SO miss summer vacations.

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

I was always happy with my 'ground' house.

Main Line Sportsman said...

I was lucky to have had a treehouse. My dad and my brothers and I built it in an old Apple tree on our property. It was actually 2 levels with a trap door and windows....spent some fun Summer nights sleeping out there. My buddies and I had many a great day playing in that old structure...sadly...long gone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails