Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Another Hawaiian Punch ad from 1969:

I found the above ad when I was searching for Hawaiian Punch rafts. On a side-note, does the woman in the center look exactly like Laura Bush or what???

14 comments:

grannyann said...

She sure does. That is funny. Or maybe it is her......

teri said...

she absolutely does look like Laura.

Maybe George is a deadbeat husband and Laura had to bring in some extra money?

Gilligan said...

Holy crap, she hasn't aged in forty years! She's a freaking vampire!

Hairball said...

I tried to enlarge the picture to see the recipe for the *gulp* Hawaiian Punch Burgers. Maybe it's better that I don't know! *whimpers*

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

OMG I LOVE Hawaiian Punch..I would replace my blood with Hawaiian Punch if I could. I want one of those water dispensers full of it. I wish it would rain Hawaiian Punch. Can you even get it anymore.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

In the crime novel I wrote God appears to one of the characters in the form of Punchy.

Jacque Nodell said...

I love how the old containers had to be opened with one of those can opener things. I think Hawaiian Punch tasted better out of those metal cans. Boo on plastic! :)

joe said...

Ann: I was wondering that myself. Another thing, between you and I, they all seem a just little too excited about burgers shaped like pineapples. It just seems so unnatural.

Teri: The resemblance is uncanny. They say everyone has a twin.. mine just happens to be Zac Effron. Everyone tells me that.

Gilligan: Hahaha although it was a daytime shot, so I'm pretty sure she's not. Although, I'm not totally convinced..

Hairball: Yeah it's for the best. I tried to read the recipe too and couldn't.

Cal: "Replace your blood with hawaiian punch" hahaa

Dr: That little guy was so violent. And yet, he was kind of cute too..

Jacques: I agree. My folks wouldn't buy Hawaiian Punch. But they did buy Funny Face, so I guess they weren't all bad..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

The metal cans were cool. Was there such a thing as a Hawaiian Punch raft, like a promo, give-away item?

Miss Alex said...

Not only is it red ...but it's out of a can? Nasty ...

joe said...

Jim: I've got a picture of the raft in a previous post.

Miss Alex: That was some good stuff.

blueroc85 said...

Ewww. I am glad the reicipe for Hawaiian Punch burgers was too small to read. That does not sound the leaast bit appatizing.

blueroc85 said...

I like Hawaiian Punch as a drink though.

joe said...

Yeah those burgers look nasty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails