Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Random (but then again isn't everything on this site):

In the summer of 1976, this song was on the radio constantly.... not that I minded, of course.

17 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Love that song.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I love more than the song, was the two sisters on One Day at a Time dressing up as Elton John and Kiki Dee and singing along with the record!

Respect your DIVAS! said...

LOVE IT!

Gilligan said...

I'd like to give anonymous a high five for reminding me of that episode.

blueroc85 said...

My mom had every record ever done by Elton John...so naturally I am a fan too! I love this song!

joe said...

Dr.: I haven't found many people who don't like this song.

Anonymous: I'd forgotten all about that episode. Thanks!

Diva: Me too!

Gilligan: I'd forgotten all about that myself. Maybe I'll do an image search..

Blueroc: Your mom had good taste!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

That was a cool song, he had some good music in the 70s.

joe said...

Yes. I didn't care much for his stuff after that. Especially the lion king song and anything he did from the 80's.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Isn't that the way with many musical artists? Their earlier stuff is better. I like early Bruce to the later stuff, same with Billy Joel. But, I guess not all, Tom Petty, U2 put out some good later music.

blueroc85 said...

My mom still has good taste. She is the reason I love so much music from the 70's era. (I was born in
'79 so missed out on listening to much of the music it when it was new).

joe said...

Jim: I think BJ's best songs are "She's always a woman", "Vienna", "scenes from an italian restaurant", "Big Shot", and "You may be right".

Blueroc: Well, yeah you missed out. However, you were born in '79, so you're still a 70's child. The 70's had great summer songs, especially '78.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I'd say "Piano Man" would rank high for me.

joe said...

Yeah. Definitely.

grannyann said...

that picture is a really young Elton...

joe said...

Yeah. Definitely.

Hairball said...

My babysitter got me hooked on Heart and Elton John.

As for Billy Joel, I also like the song My Life.

joe said...

I loved Heart. They were awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails