Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I know you know this...

Before we had Marge Simpson, we had Brenda Morgenstern. Nobody knew back then the success Julie Kavner would have later with The Simpsons. I remember one episode of Rhoda when Brenda woke up all hungover, and drank from the goldfish bowl... I laughed my ass off.

13 comments:

Hairball said...

Joe,
Was it Julie or Rhoda that had the tape of the barking dog they would play when someone knocked on the door? I remember one time whoever it was forgot to turn the tape on, but was telling the imaginary dog to calm down. The person on the other side of the door says something about how you have to turn the tape of the dog on before you call him off! LOL

Hopefully it wasn't some other old show I'm thinking of! *blushes*

mary said...

"Not 'Julie.' Rhoda's sister was Brenda Morgenstern

C said...

i loved the rhoda show and her mudder and sissy.... i loved their nyc accents too!


c

joe said...

Hairball: Brenda was the one. I remember that, too funny.

Mary: You're right, it was Brenda, not Julie. I feel so dumb ;^)I'll be changing the post, but in all fairness:
Attention everyone, originally in this post I called her Julie, but it's Brenda.
My bad. Thanks.

C: Good characters indeed (c:

Scandalous Housewife said...

I loved Brenda because of her dry sarcasm. Perhaps she was my pre-pubescent role model!

joe said...

Brenda was cool.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Yes, I knew this and I agree, Brenda was cool! I wonder how well the cartoon voice work pays in comparison to traditional acting ...

joe said...

I'm sure the pay's not too bad either.

Hairball said...

Joe, Thanks for letting me know I had the right show!

"I'm sure the pay's not too bad either."

Plus, you can still do voice work as you get older, and not feel the pressure to have plastic surgery!

Don't worry about goofing up the names. It happens to all of us. When I watch DVDs with Mr. Hairball, I'm frequently pointing at the screen and saying stuff like: "Isn't that so-and-so from that movie/TV show?" He then looks at me bewildered because he of course has no idea what movie/TV show I'm talking about! *grins*

joe said...

Yes, but I've never gotten names mixed up before. Ever...

joe said...

It's true.

givepeace05401 said...

I loved Rhoda from the first moment I saw her on the MTM show.

I later fell under the spell of her mother and sister.

Because this is a PG blog I can't tell you my thoughts on Joe, Rhoda's husband. Let's just say I thought fondly of him.

joe said...

So did Rhoda.
'Til she dumped him..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails