Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Ice Cream Man:

Summer as a kid wouldn't have been complete without the ice cream truck.
The real ones. That serve ice cream.

7 comments:

Hairball said...

We have an "ice cream" truck that comes through the parking lot of our apartment complex. I've only seen her from my window, so I have no idea if she actually sells ice cream or just the frozen novelties.

grannyann said...

We sometimes have an ice cream truck in the summer that comes through the neighborhood.

I love bear commercials. Like that one now when the bear eats all the stuff from the car and gets heartburn.

Max Reddick said...

Is the Good Humor man still around? Did that company service the Northeast?

C said...

good humor ice cream was the best... the almond bars...


yummy


c

Jimmy said...

As a kid, and maybe even now, the closest thing to heaven was to hear the Mr. Softee truck's music as you're playing outside on a hot July day on a hot Indianapolis sidewalk. Even now, I get very nostalgic whenever I see a Mr. Softee truck.

J.M. said...

Mr. Softee is my ultimate favorite, but who can catch him? Just when I hear his music, I rush to get my money, and dash out the door. But he's already passed by and gone. The other times I hoped for an ice cream truck, there's never one around when you really need one.

joe said...

We don't have an ice cream truck that drives around our neighborhood here in Vero Beach. I'm guessing it's a dying tradition

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails