Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I miss summer vacations...

Now that school is out, I remember when this would be a typical summer's day when I was a kid (notice no computer or video games). I really miss those days, sometimes...
Btw, if the pic's a little bright, sorry. It's the best I could find...

10 comments:

grannyann said...

Ah to be a kid again when life was as simple as that. When we looked forward to summer - now I can't take the heat and stay closed up in the house. To play and run - I can barely walk let alone run........
Cute comic strip.

Gilligan said...

Yeah. My wife (she's a teacher)and my kids are all home for the summer, and my sorry ass has to go to work every morning (mumbling expletives under my breath). Yeah, I miss summer breaks.

joe said...

Ann: That reminds me when we'd vaction in Chatham on Cape Cod in the summers. We didn't have tv, so it was all outdoor stuff.

Gil: Haha, yeah. That's how our dads felt.. if I'd known it back then, I'd have really ragged on him about it.. you know, being able to do anything I wanted.
While he paid for it.
10 hours a day...

joe said...

... sucked to be him, for sure..

Retro Hound said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes. Ah, my wife and kids are knocking around doing nothing right now also. Actually, my wife never does nothing, but she has some time to do what she wants.

joe said...

Well at least they're enjoying themselves..

Retro Hound said...

Yeah, I'm not as bitter as Gilligan.

Hairball said...

"...now I can't take the heat and stay closed up in the house."

I know how you feel grannyann!

*checks weather, sees that it is already 90F and sighs deeply*

teri said...

those were the days. I miss them alot and I look back with fond memories.

joe said...

Retro: Haha

Hairball: It's been pretty warm here the past few days.

Teri: Me too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails