Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

"I wish... I wish... I wish.. I were a fish"

The Incredible Mr. Limpet was another great Saturday Afternoon Movie that was played alot when I was a kid. I used to think that would be so cool to turn into a fish.... except that it's so cold and dark down there...

13 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I liked this movie, I guess it was in the theaters first, yes?

joe said...

Probably, but I remember it from TV.

teri said...

Do you believe I never saw this? And my aunt and uncle were always taking me and my sister to the movies, back then.

I wonder if I would find it cheesy if I watched it now?

joe said...

This actually came out in 1965 ('64?), so you were just an infant then. Hey maybe you did and you just don't remember..

mary said...

Joe, you and I must have been watching the same channels as kids. You're from New England, right? I grew up in RI. The movies on channels 38 and 56 in Boston were great diversions on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Loved Mr. Limpett!

joe said...

We definitely were. Even though i was born in Hyannis, for the most part i grew up in Raynham Mass. channel 38 and 56 were WLVI and WSBK, although right now I don't remember which was which...

joe said...

Remember 'the creature double feature'?

teri said...

That explains it, Joe. We went to the movies when they first came out and if that one came out in 64 or 65 that was before my time.


OH, I loved Creature double feature! one of my best child hood memories.

joe said...

It was great (C.D.F.) until all they showed was Godzilla films. I mean, how many times can you watch Godzilla defeat Mothra???

mary said...

Channel 38 also had the honor of being the home of 'Willie Whistle"-afternoon tv extrordinaire!

joe said...

I remember 38 was WSBK, 56 was WLVI.. My mom's got cable now and I'm not sure those stations exist anymore..
.. speaking of Willie Whistle, I saw a blooper where a snake went down his pants. It was funny as hell.

joe said...

I laughed my ass off.

Wendel said...

Do let you know how old I am,
I saw this film in the theater - TWICE (In those days they ran the movie all day and did not clear the theater after each show)

I never saw it again until the summer hosted movies TNT use to do before Turner started TCM.

This one was hosted by Lisa Kudrow and brought back all the memories of my youth in theaters.

Related Posts with Thumbnails