Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back in 1978:

My cousin used to stay at our place sometimes. One morning in the summer - folks were at work - we found out you could dial a code on the phone and get a weather forecast and the time. We must've dialed it for an hour. We didn't know each call was 50 cents, either. When the folks got the phone bill, there was a $25.00 charge.

4 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

And you weren't going to ask why either. I think there was one for the exact time too.

blueroc85 said...

Our time and temperature was free to call. Mom would let me call it and I thought I was hot stuff. Of course I was 4 or 5 so it WAS a big deal for me to use the phone.

Jerasphere said...

I can't get past the picture. So many fires, car fires, cars in the water, and I am most impressed at how she is balancing herself. Personally, I would be getting the hell out of there.
If the Dooms Day Report thing doesn't work out for her she could get a job where the other one legged servers work. IHOP.
ok ok ok, I heard the moans and groans all the way over here. I sorry.

joe said...

Yes it's looking pretty bad out there..

Related Posts with Thumbnails