Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

ABC After School Specials:

You just know the guy in front of that chick's up to no good. Probably been smokin' alot of that wacky weed. Judging by the pic, I guess she was letting him cheat off her test paper, and got busted. Well, I hope he was worth it, although I seriously doubt it.. you can just tell he's "the wrong crowd".
Btw, does the class monitor in the back look like Gabe Kaplan?? Is it just me????????

13 comments:

Max Reddick said...

Yeah, I remember these. I loved them! Why can't we have good wholesome entertainment with a message like this for our kids today?

joe said...

Yes, like "don't fall for under-achieving potheads"..

joe said...

... "or you'll flunk geometry"...

Kim said...

My favorite one was called something like "My Dad lives in a hotel downtown." I always watched these, because they made my life seem utterly normal.

Keith said...

I watched so many of these things when I was growing up.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You mean they weren't 'HOW TO' manuals? Opps...I was deceived?

joe said...

Kim: Don't think I saw that one. Maybe dad was an alcoholic.
Or a pothead..

Keith: Me too, although I don't remember too many of them.

Cal: Sorry, my friend, not how-to manuals..

Redsoxfan said...

I thought the same thing even before I read your blog, it looks just like him.

joe said...

Maybe it's the mustache. I wonder if he tells really lame jokes about fictional relatives like Mr. Kotter did, as well..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I don't know about the kid but the teacher is giving that girl the look of "here's how you can get an A in my class if your a fox and you are a foxy mama, dig"

Hairball said...

I thought I heard something about some of these old specials being released on DVDs.

joe said...

Goggles: If so, I wonder if she took him up on it.

Hairball: I wouldn't be surprised. Everything eventually does.

Wendel said...

One of the pay channels ran a few of these back in the late 1980s.

I was lucky enough to record "Blind Sunday" on an old VHS tape (4 hour mode).

I'll have to see if I still have it.
I probably do . .

I keep EVERYTHING.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails