Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sorry mom, you're wrong....

I had tons of toys when I was a kid. My parents were great, and pretty much whatever I wanted I got. I certainly wasn't lacking as a kid. I had a whole guest-room filled with toys, which was my playroom. One of the very few things I didn't have was Mister Potato Head. Mom still insists to this day that I did have one.
Well, I didn't.
Ever.
Sometimes I worry about that woman....

9 comments:

Miss Alex said...

I'm so buying you with attachable parts *if ya know what I'm sayin*

*giggles*

grannyann said...

I bought a couple of those when my grandkids were a little smaller and they really didn't care for them. Wasted my money.

Sunshinemeg said...

I am in the same boat as you! I had so much, but never - NEVER one of these. Perhaps that is the reason I turned out the way I did. I think even as an adult in the real world one would look good sitting on my desk at work, but that is just me. I love that your mom still insists you had one. Guess they are not always right.

joe said...

Miss Alex: Hahah

Ann: Can I have 'em??? KIDDING!

Meg: So does your mom insist you have one? Like my delusional mother????

Hairball said...

I know I had one, but I can't really remember playing with it. I did see some of the old ads a while back from when the potato part was an actual potato.

joe said...

Using a real potato seems so strange.

blueroc85 said...

A real potato!!!! Really?! I had the one that uses a plastic potato. There was a storage compartment in the back for the parts. They are now comming out with KISS potato heads and my husband wants a set in the worst way! :)

Lynda said...

You poor, deprived thing.

joe said...

Blueroc: Yup, a real potato. I was thinking of getting a darth vader one, but at 41 it just wouldn't be the same..

Lynda: Finally, someone who understands me..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails