Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I can't believe...

...that it's been 30 years since this movie first came out. It's one of my all-time favorites.

15 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

Steve Martin is the man. Have you ever seen his stand up? He has some great material.

blueroc85 said...

This movie really makes me laugh! I HAD to get it on DVD :)

joe said...

Meg: No, never seen the stand up. All I've ever seen him do was this movie and SNL. I loved him in both.

Blueroc: I loved his biker chick girlfriend.

Scandalous Housewife said...

Oh, Joe! I JUST recorded this on HBO yesterday! I was just thinking my 15 year old son in primed to watch it with me!
I almost tinkle my panties thinking how much I laughed when I saw it for the first time!

joe said...

So did he like it??

wiec? said...

just about one the funniest most perfect movies ever!
i haven't seen it in a long while but E. Emmet Walsh as the phone book killer was hilarious. "die gas pumper!"
and his dog Shithead was pretty great too. ugh i wish didn't have to go to work. i'd re watch it right now. dang.

joe said...

"shithead".. haha

Scandalous Housewife said...

He hasn't seen it yet. We'll watch it this weekend!

joe said...

Well when he sees it let me know if he liked it. I'm curious if the humor holds up or not.

Max Reddick said...

That is a long time. Doesn't quite seem that long. But it was funny though!

joe said...

'79 was a great year.

grannyann said...

That was a funny movie but my all time favorite funny movie is still National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Kim said...

THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE! THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE!

FilmFather said...

"He hates these cans! STAY AWAY FROM THE CANS!"

joe said...

Ann: Was that the one where they knocked down Stonehenge like a row of dominos??

Kim: "And there's my NAME! I'm SOMEbody!!!"

F.F.: Those damn cans..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails