Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Goodbye Girl:

I liked this movie better than Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, the other movie Richard Dreyfus was in that year (1977). Marsha Mason played the girlfriend and Quinn Cummings played her daughter. I don't remember Marsha and Quinn doing much after this flick, which was a shame because they were both such good actresses.

13 comments:

Retro Hound said...

"I thought you said you were decent!"

"I am decent. I am also naked."

Sunshinemeg said...

I watched this movie for the first time last year with my mom. I loved Dreyfus's character.

joe said...

Retro: Haha yeah that was a good scene.

Meg: He looked so young back then. I guess it's because he was young back then.
32 years ago..

grannyann said...

That is one of my favorite movies. There is something about it and I have seen it many time.

Hairball said...

I should rent this and watch it again.

C said...

this is one of my faveorite movies, saw it many many times. thanks for reminding me.


c

joe said...

Ann: It's just a good, simple story. It's timeless.

Hairball: me too. This computer's got a dvd player in it, but I've yet to watch one.

C: You're quite welcome!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I remember this growing up, it was good. PRISM was a Philly area movie channel, had some movies and sports. I would catch some of these movies there.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Here's the Wikipedia write up on PRISM ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(TV_channel)

teri said...

OMG, Prism. WOW, what memories....

joe said...

Jim: That's cool. But growing up in Mass we didn't have Prism.

Jerasphere said...

I loved this movie.. but my favorite Neil Simon was "Only When I Laugh"
Marsha Mason, Kristy McNichol, James Coco, and Joan Hackett.

Wendel said...

Thanks to her marriage to Neil Simon, Marsh Mason did A LOT of movies and TV after this film, including the tear jerk classic "Promises in the Dark."

As for Quinn Cummings, she was a notorious brat who had to apologize after an appearance on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, kicked around TV for a few years, and thankfully fell off the face of the entertainment world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails