Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

If it was such a DE-LUXE apartment, it sure was tiny..

I don't know why George and Louise had a live-in maid. They had an incredibly small 2br apartment (actually, we only ever saw one br. I don't recall seeing Florence's room). Of course, I didn't question it at the time, since I was only 10....

13 comments:

Scott said...

Didn't Lionel have his own room for a while so it must have been a 3-bedroom?

givepeace05401 said...

I also think there was a guest room for Mother Jefferson making the apartment a four bedroom.

joe said...

Oh yeah guys I forgot about that. So I guess it wasn't so shabby after all.

joe said...

So Scott you dressed as a bartender for halloween as a kid?? haha I never thought of that one. I went as a mummy once but halfway through the route it came all unraveled..

grannyann said...

That was a funny show. I often watched it.

Max Reddick said...

Very cogent observation. Often I have wondered the same thing myself. Perhaps we just didn't get to see it all.

joe said...

Ann: I hardly missed it.

Max: I wonder what a New York apartment like theirs would rent for in today's market.

Hairball said...

Maybe because they started out so poor, the "DE-LUXE apartment in the sky" was just how they perceived it?

I loved watching The Jeffersons!

joe said...

I liked Florence. She was awesome.

Scott said...

Yeah Joe,

One of my best Halloweens ever. Wish I could take credit for the constume but my big sister came up with it on the fly.

joe said...

I wish I'd had a sister like that..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

At least it was in the sky.

joe said...

That's true. Personally I wouldn't want to live that high. Not past the 2nd floor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails