Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cold Turkey:

Another great flick from '71. Didn't see it in the theaters of course, but saw it on tv in the 90's. I laughed my ass off. If you've ever tried to quit smoking, it's hillarious. It's a must-see.

8 comments:

Hairball said...

I haven't seen this movie in ages! I should check and see if Netflix has it so I can watch it again.

Who wants some popcorn?

joe said...

I could really relate when Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker fame) was freaking out because she didn't think she could make it through the day and it was only 10 o'clock. Or the crossing guard who was going through DT's and taking it out on the kids.... "DID I SAY YOU COULD CROSS??!? DID I????? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!?!"

teri said...

all the movies from back then were great.

joe said...

They were funny and a bit on the innocent side. You rarely heard foul language in movies back then.
Until the Bad News Bears came along..

grannyann said...

I saw that movie and it was funny. It has been many years since I saw it but it is pertinent today.

joe said...

The premise will never be outdated. Everyone can relate to what it's like to quit smoking and go through DT's.. (well, everyone that's tried to quit smoking, that is).

Anonymous said...

I saw this TWICE in the movies,it is a great flick,and a great cast!

joe said...

I saw it on tv after I tried quitting smoking and failed (I've since quit for good). I think that's why I saw the humor in it, if I'd never been through it, i'm not sure i could've related.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails