Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Late last night I heard the screen door slam...

... and a big yellow taxi
took away my old man
Don't it always seem to go
that you don't know what you've got
'til it's gone.
They paved paradise,
and put up a parking lot.

9 comments:

teri said...

That's a SWEET ride!

joe said...

I wonder if these things really exist, or they're just a concept vehicle.

The Peach Tart said...

Love the 70s and your site.

joe said...

:>) Thanks!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I did like that song ... do you know who sang it?

joe said...

It was Joni Mitchell. She sang it and wrote it. It's on her "Ladies Of The Canyon" CD. More recently it was done, I think, by 'Counting Crows'.

joe said...

L.O.T.C. I think was done around 1970.

grannyann said...

Now thats a neat vehicle.

joe said...

It must be European. I've never seen anything like that here in the States.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails