Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

1975 Saturday morning TV:


Back then, Saturday morning cartoons were a staple for just about every kid. The only one on the above list I watched was Land Of The Lost. I was watching The Bugs Bunny / Road Runner Show and a couple of others during the times the above cartoons aired. I'm not sure if anybody remembers "Westwind" (myself included), because by 11:30 my parents usually made me shut off the tv and get on with the day.. I can still hear my folks: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING STILL WATCHING TV????? GET OUTSIDE!!!!!!" Hahaa.

10 comments:

Marissa said...

I don't remember "Westwind." Also, I think everyone is handed a script upon becoming parents because they all seem to say the exact same parent-y things. Only now it's about getting off the computer.

joe said...

So Marissa, do you have kids?? If so how many? I bet you'd make a great mom.

Marissa said...

Thanks. 4 kids (not incl. Husband & Cat). Ages 24, 21, 14, and 11. My 14 yr-old has the same birthday as you. Christmas Eve b-day ever an issue with you?

I like all kids. And I see the Kid in EVERYONE, which is why your picture in the pantsuit is so cool.

joe said...

Nope, my birthday was never an issue. I always loved the fact that it's Christmas Eve. That's a present in itself. We always celebrated my birthday a week prior, so I was the only kid I knew who got his gifts early. I did fine.

grannyann said...

My kids would get up real quiet (don't wake mom), go watch some cartoons, then go outside.

joe said...

Those were the days.

teri said...

I miss those days, terribly. Good times!

joe said...

Yeah. Where's Mister Peabody and his wayback machine when you need it..

Retro Hound said...

I watched Pink Panther and Land of the Lost, but I don't hardly even remember any of those other shows. I'm really surprised I don't remember the Planet of the Apes one.

joe said...

Yeah the Pink Panther was great, but I watched it on the weekdays. I don't remember the Planet of The apes either. I guess my memory's not what it used to be ;^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails