Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Studio 54:

Between you and me, I'm amazed that anyone who went to Studio 54 back in "the day" lived this long to tell about it. They partied hard back then....

6 comments:

Gilligan said...

54 varieties of venereal disease.

Marissa said...

54 was the maximum life expectancy of those hard-core partyers.

joe said...

Gilligan: Yes, sort of like the VD Baskin Robbins of discoteques...

Marissa: Actually, I think that's about how old Steve Rubel was when he passed on.

Keith said...

I am surprised anyone lived to tell about it.

Cheer34 said...

what was the attraction to that place any way???? I never understood

joe said...

Keith: You and me both. I guess there's a new Studio 54 in New York, but I doubt it's the same.

Cheer: Well, if you liked disco, cocaine, and partying with no rules, that was the place to go. Plus there were always celebrities that went there. You could bump into Mick Jagger, Andy Warhol and Liza Minelli on any given night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails