Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, March 06, 2009

THE Farrah Fawcett poster:

In 1976/77, this poster was everywhere. Except my room (to be honest, her teeth kind of scared me... okay, they frightened the hell out of me)..
Click pic for larger image.

12 comments:

Chris said...

I believe it was a requirement for everyone to have this poster in the 70's... even I had one!

joe said...

Yes, but was it on your bedroom ceiling??? Where all her "hardcore" fans seemed to place it (if you know what I mean)..

joe said...

... of course, some were placed in clubhouses, and some in make-out vans...

Gilligan said...

Reminds me of that incredible scene in Saturday Night Fever when "Night Fever" is crankin' and Travolta is gettin' pimped up for the disco. He eyes the Farrah and the Serpico poster.... it's an icon!

joe said...

I don't think anyone who was around back then could forget that poster.

joe said...

... One thing I've always wondered:
When Travolta danced and did that thing where he pointed one finger in the air,,, what was that??? I don't get it..

Sans Pantaloons said...

He was pointing to the Farrah Fawcett poster on the ceiling!

joe said...

Ah, so that was it. I should've known..

grannyann said...

My son had this poster on his wall forever. Check out his site sometime as he is a "70s sneaker wearing dad"
http://www.curtistucker.com. You will really enjoy is blog.

joe said...

So am i the only one who didn't have this poster?? AM i???????

Brian said...

I didn't have it either.

Mom said it she heard it spelled "Sex" in the curls of her hair and thats why everyone wanted it.

I remember thinking "No it what is poking out her swimsuit. Adults are stupid".

Do remember that rumor about the hair?

Redsoxfan said...

Really I had this poster and was in love with her and Kristy McNichols, had posters all over my room. loved her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails