Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good day sunshine, hello skin cancer:

In the 70's, getting a tan was very important. Some people even used baby oil to "speed up the process"..

8 comments:

Keith said...

I actually remember people using baby oil.

joe said...

I hated the smell of that stuff..

Marissa said...

Tee hee. "Guilty." It was kinda gross and it felt like I was sizzling in the sun with bacon grease all over me. Except baby oil smelled worse.

joe said...

"bacon grease".. hahaa

grannyann said...

The first time I spent the day on a real beach in Turkey I got really burned. We were living in a hotel at the time and I kept sending down for vinegar which I put on towels and laid on my burn. I smelled like a salad for days and I think the Turks thought I lost my mind.

joe said...

Hahaaahaa. Sorry, but... hahaa

teri said...

I'm surprised I don't have skin cancer. I used to burn like mad when I was a kid and my mother never put sunblock on me...

joe said...

I never used sunblock either. I'm fortunate I didn't get skin cancer, no thanks to mom, that is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails