Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm living on the air in Cincinnati, Cincinnati WKRP

I loved this show. Nobody else I know did. Well that's fine. They're wrong. This was quality programming, baby! I think it debuted around 1978, at the height of the disco era. I loved the part when Venus Flytrap (the black guy) was applying for a job, and Loni Anderson, the secretary, asked: "Are you Earth, Wind, Or Fire???" haha, that cracked me up!

14 comments:

Marissa said...

Good show! I was actually going to put this one on my Netflix list. I remember that episode. :D

Anonymous said...

I floved this show!!!

I'll be honest though, Bailey not Jennifer was my girl. Maybe with my brunette hair I just knew I wasn't going to grow up to be Jennifer. Although, the boobies came in, LOL.

My favs were Bailey, Andy (he fought so much for quality), and Dr. Johnny Fever.

I'm still listening on the air in Cincinatti(in TN), on Cincinatti WKRP.

joe said...

Marissa: Good stuff indeed. You can netflix it? I have to be honest, i'm not sure what netflix is.

Anon: I liked Bailey because she seemed really smart. The guy who played johhny fever was in an 80's show, head of the class, but he was much better in WKRP. In HOTC, he was just a washed-up hippie who couldn't stop talking about the 60's.

joe said...

... unlike me, who's a washed-up Gen Xr who can't stop talking about the 70's... hah

FilmFather said...

Another classic quote was from Mr. Carlson, in the aftermath of the Thanksgiving-on-the-rooftop promotional debacle:

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

joe said...

Haha.
Or when he told Randy the station manager: "When I eat something it turns into fat. When you eat something it turns into hair".

Retro Hound said...

Film Father, from that same show, I die laughing everytime I see Les Nessman saying "They're hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

joe said...

I would have loved to see that episode...

FilmFather said...

Joe and Retro Hound...enjoy:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/322/wkrp-in-cincinnati-turkeys-away

boukman70 said...

WKRP was the perfect! sit-com. Don't let nobody tell you different!

Miss Alex said...

haha i hated this show... i actually posted once that there are probably tvs in hell that play this all day long

Redsoxfan said...

I loved that show and watched it all the time, just couldn't stand herb and less, those two were weird.

Anonymous said...

this was an awesome show, one my favs, you are not alone bro!!!!

joe said...

Haha excellent (c:

Related Posts with Thumbnails