Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mister Green Jeans - The neighbor who just wouldn't go home:

Sorry, they don't look like jeans to me. More like Dickies work pants. Maybe I'm being picky, but I'm just that way..

7 comments:

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

He was with Captain Kangaroo, yes? Interesting now to think of these shows in comparison to shows produced today.

joe said...

Yup, Captain Kangaroo. That show wouldn't fly with kids today.

Marissa said...

Yeah, neither would Mr. Rogers. I saw where you mentioned him on your June 8, 2006, post. Back in the day, I used to tell my friends' parents that I thought Mr. Rogers seemed perv-y. They thought it was blasphemy; everyone loved his Neighborhood.

joe said...

I heard they were going to stop airing Mr. Rogers' old episodes. I don't know if that's true or not.

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

We also had Captain Noah, which I think was mainly a Philadelphia show. "I Can Sing a Rainbow".

Gilligan said...

I'll take Mr. Green Jeans all day long over Cpt. Kangaroo's other frequent visitor... the dreaded Slim Goodbody.

joe said...

Sorry guys, none of those ring a bell. Maybe I'll do a search..

Related Posts with Thumbnails