Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Stocking Stuffers:

Every year, mom sends me my Christmas gifts in the mail. She also includes a bunch of "stocking stuffers". She puts alot of time and thought into her packages, but I don't have the heart to tell her that all those stuffers end up in my drawer, unused. I've got electric toothbrushes, fabric softeners, deodorants, Chap Stick (not the real Chap Stick, but the generic cheap-o crap), etc. All in my drawer.... Pictured are about three years of stuff that I haven't and probably will never use.

14 comments:

Lynda said...

Maybe you should consider giving them away as gifts. Regifting is supposedly ok now.

joe said...

Great. What's your mailing address??

Retro Hound said...

Somewhere there's a homeless shelter asking for stuff like this. Our Church takes a lot it to a shelter in Ft. Worth, TX, but there are plenty all around the country.

joe said...

Sorry, but Lynda asked first.

teri said...

yeah, Joe, the homeless shelter.

joe said...

Sorry, we don't have one. No homeless shelters anywhere near this area. I suppose I could ship them somewhere....

Marissa said...

I know - how about we just ship the homeless over to your area? We have plenty of them to spare here in downtown L.A. (Some of them are actually quite friendly.)

Marissa said...

Umm, for the record, I'm actually friends with 3 homeless people here and I volunteered at a shelter. (forgiven for insensitive comment?)

PS - Our homeless are the Real Deal homeless.

Gilligan said...

I hear cigarettes and fabric softener are as good as currency among the homeless people.

Oh, and I volunteered at a shelter too and have 4 homeless friends.

joe said...

Marissa: Insensitive? No way.

Gilligan: There's a YMCA in town, maybe they put up cots for the homeless, but I've never asked. There is a soup kitchen in town, but what they'd do with fabric softener or deodorant I can't say..

Cheer34 said...

how about a battered womens shelter.....salvation army, volunteers of america, food cupboards take non perishables (Perishibles SP?), an elderly neighbor.....or give them out at holloween the kids would love them....

joe said...

Give them out at halloween???? Instead of candy?? My house would get egged twice as bad as it does now..

blueroc85 said...

Personnally.... I was admiring the scene painted on your dresser Joe :)

Redsoxfan said...

My parents were the worst at christmas, picking presents and filling stockings, its like they didn't know anything about me and would just put crap they had to buy anyways and fill up space, like socks and an orange.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails