Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Macrame Owls Fad:

Thank goodness it's over...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had these frickin things everywhere! These and the macrame flower pot holders.

Keie

joe said...

I'm so sorry...

teri said...

yes, thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Reading over here and at retrospace has brought back so ooo many memories.

Mom used to collect those sandbased Ziggy statues too, LMAO. I so destroyed them pulling the the little felt thing off the bottom and pouring out the sand.....

Keie

Gilligan said...

Never understood the feverish national obsession with covering the entire earth's surface with knots of yarn. It was ubiquitous then "poof" it was gone.

BTW

You've been tagged

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

The owl was a very popular animal in the 70s also.

grannyann said...

My mom and grandmom had a ton of those too (even I had a couple) but glad that phase is over also. My daughter is going to say the same thing about my wind chime collection one of these days.

joe said...

So Keie, have you thought about getting a blog started?? Teri was hesitant at first to start a blog, now we can't get her to shut up..... and we've tried. We've really, really tried.....

Gilligan: Great. I'll do it today.

Jim: So were butterflies and mushrooms, although I know mushrooms aren't animals.. but they were popular..

Ann: I like windchimes.

Anonymous said...

Actually I've been thinking about it alot more lately. I'm just not sure where to start....

Keie

joe said...

Well when you do, send me the link.

teri said...

hahahahaa, Joe, very funny!

joe said...

You know I love ya, Teri. The blogosphere would be an emptier place without you. (c:

blueroc85 said...

My mother in Law has an elephant one! Scary!

John said...

Yes, I remeber making the plant hangers in gifted summer school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails