Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, March 16, 2009

King Vitaman cereal:

I'd get this cereal from time to time. I had the prize, btw. I still remember it. It didn't run too well on our shag carpet, though. On a side-note, is this guy disturbing looking or what??

11 comments:

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I was a big cereal prize guy, but I don't remember this cereal. Was there any berry flavor or anything in this one?

C said...

hey there.... thanks for visiting my blog. i just browsed through yours and it feels like i struck a goldmine of memories! wow. i remember all of that stuff. i was having flashbacks looking through it all. you say you're from upstate new york, may i ask where? i am originally from malone, near lake placid.


C

joe said...

Cool Dad: I don't think so. Just this one variety. I mostly bought the cereal for the prize too.

C: That's amazing. My first house I bought here was in Malone on Academy Street. You're the first "local" gal I've met on the blogosphere. I'm in Owl's Head now, where the pic of myself and my dog at the bottom of my site was taken.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Sugar Puffs for me. I guess I was always destined to be SP.

grannyann said...

I don't remember that brand of cereal and yes the King looks like he has had a bit much of it!!

Keith said...

I never remember eating this cereal. He does look rather creepy to me.

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I did my fair share of Pop-Tarts as well.

FilmFather said...

Officially de-lurking if I haven't done so already...can't remember (age will do that to you).

I totally remember eating this cereal at my babysitter's circa kindergarten/preschool. I didn't remember him being that energetically creepy. Maybe that's why the box now has a cartoon King Vitaman instead.

And yes, I totally remember that toy.

joe said...

Sans: You were always destined for greatness. I can tell. ;^)

Ann: Yes, definitely. He was on something for sure. Nobody's that bright-eyed in the morning...

Keith: I don't know what it is about "marketing kings", but they're always on the weird side. The Burger King guy is just as creepy. I'm not sure why..

Cool Dad: My parents wouldn't buy Pop Tarts. They wouldn't buy me anything they wouldn't eat themselves. They were rather self-centered that way.

Film Father: Well it's about time you de-lurked. Where have you been????

Anonymous said...

YES, YES, YES!! I remember King Vitamin cereal well! The actuall cereal was a crown...do you remember that?

joe said...

No I'd forgotten that. It's been a while since I had it. I'm guessing they don't sell it any more

Related Posts with Thumbnails