Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mutual of Omaha is people you can "count on" when the going's tough:

If you watched any TV in the early 70's, you probably remember Marlin Perkins and Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. It was a revolutionary program, the first of its kind. While I was too young to remember any one show in particular, I do remember it being an excellent show. I'm not sure if they show repeats on TV anymore, which surprises me. Alot of people watched it.

11 comments:

Keith said...

I always loved this show. I wish they would show the old episodes of it. I would still watch it.

Retro Hound said...

It's on DVD, someone loaned us some and my kids got to watch while I sat there having flashbacks.

joe said...

I figured it'd be out of DVD eventually.

grannyann said...

there is still a MOWK see this link:
http://www.wildkingdom.com/tv/
love those animals

joe said...

Thanks Ann, I'll check it out.

Chris said...

I always loved how Jim Perkins would head out into the danger and Marlin always found something else to do: "Jim went into the pride of Lions, while I stayed to watch the camp..."

It was a great show--it's kind of cool that with all the mergers and such, that MoO is still around.

joe said...

"while i stayed and watched the camp"... as if the camp really needed watching..
That's like: "my wife rushed back into the burning house to save our children, while i stayed in the car and ordered a pizza from Dominoes on my cell phone"...

wee67 said...

Its funny, I think I saw parodies of this more than I actually watched the show. It was a real cultural icon.

joe said...

I wonder if SNL ever did a parody.

Anonymous said...

Great show, lousy company.
It's not a "aha" moment, it's a "haha" moment when they fail to pay on your loss.
The haha was on us when we lost our entire house and they paid us half of our policy and told us to sue them for the balance.
Run away from this company and fast.

John said...

I remember this came on even right before or right after The Wonderful World of Disney.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails