Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Digital watches:

Kimo sent me this pic of this digital watch. He still has it, and it still works. When digital watches first came out, they were ground-breaking. No one had ever seen one before, they were a new innovation. They were also extremely expensive. A really good digital watch would cost in the 100's of dollars. I'm not sure if they make them anymore.

13 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I never owned one....not sure if they are made anymore

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I remember a few adults who had them in gold. I thought they were very cool!

Marissa said...

I remember that they were definitely the bling to have back then.

I wonder if sundials and hour glasses were also all the rage WAY back in the day...

joe said...

Cheer: I had an extremely ugly, uncomfortable-to-wear black one. I don't think they are made anymore.

Cool Dad: They were. Back then.

Marissa: I bet the sundial was like a major invention back then. Of course, now, not so much...

الفرقد أبو الفرقد said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joe said...

Attention all future commenters, take your hatred somewhere else.

joe said...

.. it figures the nuts would eventually show up...

Marissa said...

What did I miss? Did someone hate digital watches? Ratbastards.

joe said...

No, some nut who did a 7-paragraph anti-Israel rant... total nutjob.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I actually collect digital watches and have two of these, one still in it's presentation case. They still make them in the form of binary wathes mostly because the tiny 7 segment displays were no longer manufactured, although recently a small display has been introduced.
I LOVE digital watches. I would do ANYTHING for a digital watch.
It must have been 1974 I bought my first one.

joe said...

WOW. How do you even read that thing?????

blueroc85 said...

I remember the watches that could also function as a calculator were popular too (this may have been an 80's thing)

john said...

God, I completely forgot about it but i had one of these and freaking loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails